We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our global Data Science team:
What you will be working on:
- Understand data types, data formats, and data models in healthcare and life sciences field.
- Map data partner data model to internal BC Platforms data model, OMOP.
- Write scripts to enable data ingestion and data harmonization for multiple data partners.
- Document the processes and steps implemented for data ingestion and data harmonization.
- Work with internal R&D to deploy BC Platforms modules to enable data access for customers.
- Curiosity and interest to understand data types including — patient-level clinical phenotypic data, associated ‘omics’ (genomic, transcriptomic, RNA-Seq and proteomic) data and imaging data.
- Under the guidance of Data Partnership and Data Advisory groups within Data Science, develop methods for fit-for-purpose customer data analysis projects that include analysis of various data types.
- Apply traditional analytical methods as well as ability to explore machine learning methods to integrate and analyze -omics data, including NGS with patient-level data from EHR’s, patient questionnaire, clinical trials, patient advocacy groups, claims records, imaging, and data from wearables.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ability to clearly communicate with cross functional teams in a global setting.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for guidance to seek clarity.
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations based on experience.
- Having a curious mindset to learn new skills and make an impact in a team setting.
- Familiarity or understanding of genomics.
- Familiarity or understanding of healthcare/clinical data including Real World Data.
- Ability to learn new software solutions and analytical tools quickly.
- Creative and analytical mindset to develop fit-for-purpose data analysis methods.
Qualifications/requirements for this position:
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and plan data analysis requirements.
- Strong experience working in a Unix environment using command line tools (emacs, awk, perl) to extract data.
- Experience or familiarity with working with clinical data types (EHR, phenotypic, NGS and multi-omic data).
- Experience or familiarity with statistical programming languages (R, Python).
- Experience or familiarity with tools to undertake big data analysis (SQL, Spark, cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Google).
- 1-4 years experience as a bioinformatician, data scientist or biostatistician in the life sciences.
- Appreciation for the need to be flexible in work roles as required in a small company.
- Fluency in English.
The main place of work is the Company’s office in Espoo, Finland. Cross functional teams are located globally in Boston, London, Singapore, Helsinki and Zurich requiring flexibility in working across various time zones.
Please apply by 20.3.2020. Send us your application via LinkedIn Easy Apply or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
BC Platforms is a world leader in providing powerful genomic data management and analysis solutions to address some of the biggest healthcare challenges of today. Our high performing genomic data management platform enables flexible data integration, secure analysis and interpretation of molecular and clinical information. BC Platforms’ vision is to revolutionize drug development and personalize patient care.