Junior Technical Specialist
We are looking for a junior technical specialist to join our growing Boston team. This role will help ensure the success of our customer deliveries, installations, configurations and maintenance tasks, as well as provide technical consulting regarding customer environments and our own internal environment.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, North America, under the guidance of a Senior Technical specialist, this position provides an opportunity to build a DevOps skill set while contributing to developing new solutions and ways of working in the operations team. If you have the skill set below and a growth mindset, come join our growing Boston office team!
- Proficient with Linux OS
- Familiarity with DB management (SQL, DB2, PostgreSQL)
- TCP/IP network technologies and topology
- Fluent in English
- Storage concepts (partitioning, logical volumes, etc)
- Experience with secure methods of file or data transfer (SFTP, SSH, SCP)
- Troubleshooting common IT issues
- Some scripting/coding
Bonus if you know
- DevOps tools: Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or similar
- REST based APIs
- Technical documentation
- Experience managing stacks in cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Containerization with Kubernetes + Docker
Professional and Personal Capabilities
- Strong administrative skills (effectively manages time and tasks).
- Compliant with internal processes.
- Clear and concise communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable regularly interfacing with diverse set of people via chat and over the phone.
- Can take high level task descriptions and acquire the necessary information to complete.
- Sees value in routine, but also looking for ways to improve and develop new solutions.
- Able to commute to the Boston office on weekdays.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or minimum of two years job experience in similar roles.